My experience with Sulphate free shampoos

01:40:00


We all love getting our hair clean and looking fresh, don’t we? And shampoos for that matter are a very good friend of ours. There are a variety of shampoos in the market - from organic ones to chemical-free and toxic ones, and also each shampoo that is supposed to be used for a certain hair type and concern. Shampoos are used in our country right from the period of Vedas - the shampoo nut (Reetha) is a famous one for all those non-poo hair cleansers.



These days, there is a trend, a trend that I fell for too - Sulphate free product trend! I love going all-natural and organic so thought of giving a shot for these products. At first, I did use the Khadi Shampoo, which is good to cleanse your scalp and remove all the dirt. But as it is sulphate free and doesn’t lather much I got a little annoyed using it. So I switched to the regular Pantene Shampoo. But, I so wanted to use the sulfate paraben free shampoo and conditioner, I thought of giving a try to the Wow Skin Science’s conditioner, and girl! It worked AMAZING for me! Seeing the great results, I shopped for Wow Skin Science’s shampoo

Let’s start with my experience now!

The no sulfate no silicone hair products are great, eco-friendly and good for you! But in my case the tables quite turned around. The very first time I used the shampoo my hair felt sticky. Keeping the fact in mind that less is more for sulphate free shampoos, I did follow and used plenty of water to rise in out and also lather it. But still after many use also, my hair felt sticky and oily after the hair wash. For your information, I had not oiled my hair when I used the shampoo. As I had this problem for quite a few times now, I tried calling the company and asked for a solution. So in return they told me to use more water and less shampoo, and shampoo twice. They also asked me my hair texture and about the scalp - which is wavy and oily respectively. After following their solution, I still had the same trouble. My hair used to be a lot oily and sticky, as the sulphate free shampoo made my scalp produced more oil. Thus, I went back to sulphate shampoo and I love it. My hair feels clean and fresh!



So here is my tip for the once who are willing to use shampoo not containing sulfate:

  • Sulphate free shampoos are great if you have a dry scalp situation, as they help to clean your scalp. (My mom uses it and it works amazing for her and not me)
  • Go with less is more formula, as it doesn’t lather much but does the job even when you take small quantity.
  • Use sulfate free and paraben free shampoo twice as 1st rinse is not enough!
  • Sulfate free shampoos are great for hair colored hair.
  • You need to use a lot of water to get the shampoo out of your hair.
  • Don’t use it if you have an oily scalp like mine, your hair is sure going to be oily and sticky as your scalp will produce more oil - stick to shampoo containing sulphates instead.
Things to keep in mind before opting for no sulfate no silicone hair products:

  • There are several non sulfate shampoo brands out there in the market, if you want to switch your shampoo - do your research and choose one. 
  • Keep in mind conditioners are always sulphate free, so don’t get fooled if the brand packages any conditioner as so. Sulphate is an ingredient that helps shampoos and detergents lather up, and since your conditioner doesn’t lather sulphate is not used in it.
  • Sulphate free shampoo makes hair greasy at times, so if you hate that you need to look for a less sulfate shampoo.
  • Not all shampoo containing sulphate are bad, if you are a person who uses a lot of products in your hair and want to get it off completely non-sulphate free shampoos can help.

This was my experience on the sulphate free shampoos, your experience with it can be totally different depending on your hair type and hair concerns. My tip here will be researched well before you buy one, as sulphate free shampoos are expensive and you don’t want to waste money on something that does not work.

Let me know in the comments if you liked my blog!

Love,
Nikita

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Followers

Subscribe